Goat Situation Report, April-June 2022

April 2022 to June 2022

Inventory


Total goat inventory as of 30 June 2022 reached 3.90 million heads. This was lower by -1.4 percent from the previous year’s count of 3.95 million heads. Population of goat in backyard farms and commercial farms diminished by -1.0 percent and -36.1 percent, respectively. Backyard farms accounted for 99.2 percent, while commercial farms comprised the remaining 0.8 percent. (Figure 2)

In terms of goat inventory, the top regions were Central Visayas, Western Visayas, and Ilocos Region with a combined share of 38.6 percent to the total goat population.

Industry Performance Reports